Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Compliment boys

What theese to boys are doing seem like a great thing to do. I agree with them, everybody is gloomy theese days and it would be great to have someone to cheer you up. The boys have done something that not many would do, take 2 hours out of there day and compliment everyone who walks past. Like they said everyone has something good about them

I can't remember last time someone complimented me. It was probably some thing where the teacher tells each student to compliment 3 other people. This is kind of bad I think that there are so little compliments are going around. Everyone should get at least one compliment daily. Of course I can't complain myself if I don't compliment people so I could start compliment people if I think they did something good or is wearing something cool or said something nice. If I did this I could make people feel better and get more compliments back.

What really shocked me from the article was that people thought it was a joke or gave them a finger. This shows that people are unused to compliment which is a scary thought really. And if someone tries to be nice and compliments you you shouldn't be negative back because that makes you and them feel bad.
This is the picture i chos because when I get a compliment I feel like I am the only one in the whole world. This picture has a single person with a giant head which highlights it's importance, just like the feeling from a compliment.

1 comment:

woodward said...

Your thoughtful reflection was fun to read. When you described the negative reactions that some people provided when they were given compliments (giving the finger, etc), do you think that trust can help with compliments?

Would you be more willing to accept compliments from people you know than from complete strangers?

I was impressed by your creative writing on your myth story today in Humanities. You do a great job of communicating a playful and fun tone. Continue to work on your proofreading (their!), but thanks for the thoughtful post.